T minus 5

1.08.2009

I leave for South Africa in 5 days... it's been quite the process, but God has been so faithful through it all. Goodness, it's just starting to feel so real!

Many of you have been asking what you can be praying for. As I was reading through Ephesians this morning, Paul's request of the church in Ephesus grabbed a hold of me. In Ephesians 6:19 he asks them to pray, "whenever I open my mouth, words may be give me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel." For you praying types, this verse would be an amazing place to start. Here are a few more specifics, you can pray...

• That God's glory will be our greatest desire no matter what results may come or how hard things seem (Isaiah 26:8)
• that God will create genuine community among the missionaries on my team
• for God to develop a servant's heart within each member on our team - giving us the ability to love sacrificially and be flexible in a new culture.
• that God will prepare the hearts of the people we will be working with in Jo-burg

Know that much love is being sent your way... I am going to miss you all!


No comments: