Happy Monday everyone! This week has been amazing. Hard, but nonetheless amazing.
Monday (3.23)
- Monday meetings with Mama Phyllis
- Half way evaluation with my "boss"
- Lunch date with Stacie (ate some yummy Indian Food)
- Sleep over with the Greenstone girls (Nikki & Amanda Holliday)
Tuesday (3.24)
- A group of about 10 of us went to Gold Reef City, a theme park in Johannesburg. We basically had the entire park to ourselves, so we got to go on the rides as many times as we wanted to. We all had such a blast together... definitely one of the most relaxed experiences I have had at an amusement park.
- We had a really good day off, but I think that it left us feeling tired for the rest of the week - not exactly the most restful day.

(the group getting ready to go on our mine tour)
Wednesday (3.25)
- Daniel Study
- Played with the kiddos in our apartment complex
- Did some housework, grocery shopping and watched American Idol with the Tadlocks
- Amanda and I got to the orphanage pretty early... They are just finishing up some construction on the new addition, so we were assigned to do the initial cleaning. We were on our hands and knees scrubbing floors from about 8am to 4:30pm... It was a ton of work, but not devoid of joy. The two of us had a great time talking and waving at the curious kids outside who wondered why we were not there to play with them. I was so exhausted by the time we left and my arms were so sore, but I am really glad we had that experience... I feel humbled, i guess you never know what to expect as a missionary, but I can say with confidence that scrubbing floors at the orphanage was one of the most profound things I have done in Africa.
- Slept over at Stacie's
Friday (3.27)
- Regional Team Meeting at Chuck and Alicia Barrett's home
- The elders at LBC decided to kick off the "holidays" at youth on friday night with a big braai. We have been praying that God would begin to unite the different generations in this church and we are really starting to see Him do it! The elders have started to get excited about investing in our youth and building relationships with them. I cannot tell you how much it spoke to the youth that these men and their wives were willing to spend Friday night serving them... Praise God for answered prayer!
Saturday & Sunday (3.28-3.29)
- I woke up on Saturday morning feeling so sick... I am pretty sure that I am getting the flu. Except for church, I stayed in bed all day Saturday and Sunday. For those of you that know my hyperactive self, i guess that says something. Please be praying for my achy body and sore throat as we have a very busy week ahead.
We are currently on a "school holiday" so the next two weeks are going to be super busy! We literally have a youth event of some kind every day... We are having 15+ girls over to spend the night at our small apartment on Friday, so you can be praying over that. Also please be praying for God to give us strength to keep up with our hectic schedule and for him to do big things in this time that we have with the youth.
To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen (Jude 1:24-25)
May God Bless you and keep you. May His face shine upon you and bring you peace,
Jarah
p.s. here are some pictures of our time at Fisher's Ridge
(trying to get a piggy back ride)
1 comment:
Sweet Jarah,
I have been reading your updates each week, and I'm excited about the doors God is opening for you and your team. Know that I'm praying for you--especially this week with your cold!
I love you!
Hannah
Post a Comment