
I started my capstone on Bone Marrow Transplant yesterday.
Here's a little glimpse into what was running through my mind...
Here's a little glimpse into what was running through my mind...
5:30 - "Coffee... must. have. coffee."
6:30 - "Ah! First day! I wonder if my preceptor is nice..."
7:00 - "What in the world is 'Waldenstrom Macroglobinemia'?"
8:00 - "18 morning medications for one patient. Wow."
9:00 - "You want me to irrigate what?"
10:00 - "Holy Guacamole, this is really sad."
11:00 - "Note to self: room 3 will get out of bed for an orange slushie"
12:00 - "First time hanging chemo. Sweet."... "No time for lunch!"
13:00 - "The patient in room 8 has the cutest little kids. He's gotta make it for them... I sure hope he makes it. Lord, please help him make it!"
14:00 - "Okay, I am officially overwhelmed!"
15:00 - "We haven't charted yet. crap."
16:00 - "Finally got lunch. Thank God."
17:00 - "My preceptor is awesome. Holla."
18:00 - "So, the nurses do the transplants? Rad."
19:00 - "Sheesh, I have a long way to go!"
20:00 - "I was supposed to be off at 7, why in the world am i still here?"
21:00 - "Finally made it home. Goodnight."
8:00 - "18 morning medications for one patient. Wow."
9:00 - "You want me to irrigate what?"
10:00 - "Holy Guacamole, this is really sad."
11:00 - "Note to self: room 3 will get out of bed for an orange slushie"
12:00 - "First time hanging chemo. Sweet."... "No time for lunch!"
13:00 - "The patient in room 8 has the cutest little kids. He's gotta make it for them... I sure hope he makes it. Lord, please help him make it!"
14:00 - "Okay, I am officially overwhelmed!"
15:00 - "We haven't charted yet. crap."
16:00 - "Finally got lunch. Thank God."
17:00 - "My preceptor is awesome. Holla."
18:00 - "So, the nurses do the transplants? Rad."
19:00 - "Sheesh, I have a long way to go!"
20:00 - "I was supposed to be off at 7, why in the world am i still here?"
21:00 - "Finally made it home. Goodnight."
What a crazy busy day!
I left feeling utterly exhausted and overwhelmed, but SUPER excited!
As my friend Anna would say:
IAPOTA
(it's all part of the adventure), folks!
I left feeling utterly exhausted and overwhelmed, but SUPER excited!
As my friend Anna would say:
IAPOTA
(it's all part of the adventure), folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment