That's right, ladies & gents, we are in real time. No more of this update business. I'm in Rochester, Minnesota and am LOVING it! My program officially starts tomorrow morning, so I've just been getting settled and finding my way around this beautiful place. Here's a little list of the highs/lows so far...
{highs}
- lovely little chats with a sweet old lady on the airplane.
- meeting my new roommates... there's 6 of us and everyone seems great!
- my off-beat (yet delightful) shuttle driver who took the liberty of showing me almost all of Rochester before finally deciding to take me to my apartment {gotta love the scenic route}.
- Our town home is bomb... we have a huge kitchen/living room and each have our own bedroom. My room is on the 3rd level and my windows face into the woods - SO incredibly beautiful.
- A fun {but expensive} adventure to Target.
- Rain and lots of it.
- The amazing running path that follows the river by my new place.
- A friendly little lama that came to visit on my run this morning {apparently there's a lama farm next door to my apartment}
{lows}
- Crazy thick Minnesota accents... I have not caught on to them just yet.
- Explaining to almost everyone I meet that there are actually people in Utah who are not polygamist/mormon.
- Learning pretty much everything there is to know about 4-H... wow.
I'll post pictures soon... Hope your summer is full of lots of adventures too!
{xo. jarah}
{highs}
- lovely little chats with a sweet old lady on the airplane.
- meeting my new roommates... there's 6 of us and everyone seems great!
- my off-beat (yet delightful) shuttle driver who took the liberty of showing me almost all of Rochester before finally deciding to take me to my apartment {gotta love the scenic route}.
- Our town home is bomb... we have a huge kitchen/living room and each have our own bedroom. My room is on the 3rd level and my windows face into the woods - SO incredibly beautiful.
- A fun {but expensive} adventure to Target.
- Rain and lots of it.
- The amazing running path that follows the river by my new place.
- A friendly little lama that came to visit on my run this morning {apparently there's a lama farm next door to my apartment}
{lows}
- Crazy thick Minnesota accents... I have not caught on to them just yet.
- Explaining to almost everyone I meet that there are actually people in Utah who are not polygamist/mormon.
- Learning pretty much everything there is to know about 4-H... wow.
I'll post pictures soon... Hope your summer is full of lots of adventures too!
{xo. jarah}
2 comments:
Jarah,
Minnesota accents are not a low. That is how Lori and Jessi will sound when they spend a week there.
take care,
Kevin
you're right bigK... i guess what I meant to say is that i have a hard time deciphering them... it must be my simple utah upbringing ;)
Post a Comment