The concept of home is a strange thing when you're in college. This little red brick house is the closest to home I've known since I moved out of my parent's when I was 18.
Isn't it a quaint little place? It has been such a blessing to be able to live in this house - it's super close to school, it's in a fun neighborhood,and (best of all) I get to live here with
these goonies...
what I love about her:
her heart of gold.
her ticklishness.
the loud noises that seem to follow her (just a little clumsy).
i can tell her anything. and she gets me.
she shares my love for REI. oh, and bags. (and just about everything else too)
best impersonations. ever.
she's a marathon sleeper (it's a gift).
she's going to make a difference in this world (just watch)
what i love about her:
her beautiful, poetic soul.
she makes a mean taco pie.
her gangsta dance moves.
she's going to write a rockstar children's book someday.
she's always up for an adventure.
she has an eye for beauty in simple things.
she graciously puts up with my baby jokes.
She dreams, dreams, dreams.
what i love about her:
her passion for... well, life.
how her nose crinkles when she smiles/laughs.
she follows her heart (probably more than anyone i've ever known).
diet coke dates & heart level chats.
she is a total goof (love that sense of humor).
her fun, girly style.
her love for dark chocolate and rearranging furniture.
she has mad film skills (watch out Hollywood).
what i love about her:
her laugh and incredible sound effects.
her little dance moves.
her delightful perspectives on life.
she says "holay" after everything.
she's brilliant (but doesn't admit it).
her grocery lists (don't ask).
she loves to "dote." (it's time for a puppy, carolyn)
she watches Enchanted over and over (and over)(and over).
This is my 5th year living with Christina, 4th with Michelle, 3rd with Tori and 1st with Carolyn. I can honestly say that in all this time, there has not been one fight. It's kind of insane how well we get along. It's a little unheard of... and I don't take that blessing lightly. I know this sounds super cheesy, but we love each other like sisters... I've experienced deeper friendship and community with these girls than any I've know in this life. Plus, we have a crazy amount of fun together. Like I said, I count myself as blessed to be able to live life with these amazing chicas. We have another year left together in Salt Lake (which we're calling the encore year... or the victory lap) and I'm determined to make the most of it. I can't even imagine "doing life" without them. It's going to be fun to see where we all land in the next 5 years - I have a feeling that we're going to find ourselves thousands of miles away from each other (which is scary), but right now, were are still here! So I'm squeezing everything I can out of the next year. Here's to a kick-butt victory lap!
Love you girls,
{xo. jarah}
p.s. Missing this roommate today. She had to go off and get married. Wasn't she a gorgeous bride? Love you Rach, things just aren't the same without you...
1 comment:
jarahhh. you chose such attractive pictures...
Post a Comment