t seems like I've been seeing t-shirts for a long time at concerts and just around campus that say 'TWLOHA' on them... shirts that look something like this one. I've never really given a second thought as to what it stood for, but recently I had a patient explain to me what To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA) was and how significant it had been in her life... being the geek that I am, I looked it up when I got home that night and was really excited about what I found. I think that I'm probably really slow with jumping on this band wagon, but it's amazing. In a world that tries its hardest to sweep mental illness under a rug, it's refreshing to find an orgIanization that stares it square in the face and seeks to offer hope and help to hurting people. I'll get off my soapbox now, but if you have some time, please go check it out, and maybe even consider supporting this worthy cause!{xo. jarah}
* illustrative initial thanks to Daily Drop Cap
2 comments:
Wow! Thanks for posting this with the link. Great post.
Thanks for sharing, now I know what it means too. What a powerful message and mission!
S'rah
Post a Comment