good gracious, i don't think i've been so happy to see thursday in a long time...
and i'm even more excited about seeing friday (can I get an amen?)
this has been one crazy week & i'm just thankful that i've survived it!

to be honest, i felt a little defeated before the week began.
even though I've been a sickie and am utterly exhausted
it has been absolutely full of blessings:
finally tackling a hike i've been wanting to do for years
meeting one of my sis's friends from camp + singspiration throwback
laughing at said friend/sister while being silly with my stethoscope
surviving 3 pediatric finals on tuesday. yes, 3. (done with that class... holla)
a house that's always bustling with people
crunching leaves + jacket weather
dreaming out loud with fellow dreamers
Sudafed. I have been utterly dependent on it... stupid cold.
(oh wait, I'm not supposed to be complaining...)
a Target adventure with my bestie over our lunch break
+
2 fabulous surprises!
2 fabulous surprises!
surprise #1 was awaiting me on monday.i came home to find a sweet little package from the
one and only shannon (at my little corner), including...
(1) a shirt from toomanymillion.org
(2) a fun fall mix c.d. (this girl has some killer taste in music)
(3) a sweet card that just blessed my heart
(4) BBQ sauce straight from the lone-star state
(5) pancake mix from Kerby Lane (a fun place we ate at when I visited in May).
surprise #2 was awaiting me on tuesday.I came home to find a sweet gift from my daddy, including:
(1) a GORGEOUS bouquet of flowers
(2) a card that started with "jarah is amazing because..."
followed by a sweet list of things my dad loves about me.
(3) little push pins that look like cupcakes (does this dad know his daughter, or what?)
I'm so incredibly grateful
for a savior who continues to save me from myself,
for a God who is in constant pursuit of my heart,
& for friends/fam that love and encourage me through it all...
2 comments:
Ok, that hike is definitey something to be proud of (judging by the picture)!
Your surprises are so sweet. You must have great friends and family.
I absolutely love, love, love what you said at the end. Very beautifully put :)
I don't know how I missed this...I look forward to your thursday posts! One day I will join you! This makes me very happy :)
Post a Comment