{feel free to nab the picture and join in with this experiment in cultivating thankfulness}sorry for the hiatus last week...
i was feeling a little beat up by the world,
and was sitting smack dab in the middle of a major pity party,
but it's a new week & I'm back with a new attitude and an extra long list.
Things I'm thankful for from the past TWO weeks...
free Jazz tickets to the season opener
mumford & sons+coffee+rain+journal = perfect saturday morning
a great win for the Utes! (lovin' that 7-0!)
some much needed family time
kirkin' of the tartan service on sunday morning
booked my flight for Passion 2011... SO excited!
+ finding out that I get to see my friend Amanda while I'm there
the autumn mountains here in Utah... truly breathtaking
this beautiful song (the lyrics have been running through my head all week)
getting to know my students better... they're so rad!
first snow! (trying to have a good attitude about the approaching season)
new perspectives toward difficult things in life
nana's apple pie and vegetable soup (yum!)
teaching burn ed. to 100's of high schoolers & NOT getting nervous
acing a test I totally thought I bombed (by the grace of god)
an incredibly interesting day working with burn victims
a super fun halloween party (thanks to michy)
finally taking time for a nap (i think it's my first of the semester)
conversations with intelligent people (challenges me to be more informed)
finally feeling better & shaking this nasty cold
a hilarious email sent by a classmate (the timing could not have been better)
my car was broken into & the only thing stolen was my lunch box
a lovely letter of encouragement from a sweet friend
coming home to sweet little post-it notes plastered all over my room
planning a visit from my best buddy living in Africa
an eventful wednesday night at an artshow
From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another...
- John 1:16
1 comment:
"acing a test I totally thought I bombed (by the grace of god)"
That is always an amazing feeling! I love when that happens!
"my car was broken into & the only thing stolen was my lunch box"
Miracle.
I'm glad you are having all of these things to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment