Lately i have kind of been questioning my choice of career soley because nurses have to work on holidays. I am a total geek when it comes to holidays and I was so bummed when I found out I had to work this Christmas. But as I sat holding the babies in the nursery today, I could not help but think about my Jesus. Just as the babies I cared for, Jesus was an ordinary infant, fragile and new. But Jesus was not born in a clean hospital with the luxuries of medical care, he was born in poverty. I so often overlook how God chose to present his son... What a vulnerable and humble way for my savior to enter this world. That's not exactly the way I would have expected the Messiah to come. I mean, seriously, a baby born into poverty?
Even though the Messiah's entrance was not what we would have expected, I think it gives us an amazing picture into the character and heart of God. 2 Corinthians 8:9 says, "You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich." The God of this universe chose to become poor - to come into this world in the humblest of states, live a selfless life, and die a sacrificial death - so that we may live richly in relationship with God. I feel like I will never be able to fully grasp that kind of love!
God's way of doing things often doesn't fit my expectations, I didn't expect anything good out of working on Christmas this year, but I truly feel blessed that God allowed me to be at the hospital today. Being around the babies helped me to see just how ordinarily and humbly my Jesus came... what a beautiful thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment