Wow, I cannot believe another week has come and gone. I have officially been in Africa for one month... time is flying by! This week was incredible! We spent lots of time preparing for the big sleepover on Friday. Amanda and I planned a ton of activities for the girls and made about 12 dozen cookies! It felt like we were baking all week long!
I was able to have lots heart-level conversations with our youth throughout the week. It's so great to finally be at the point where we can start talking about real things and discipling these young people. I talked with one of our young men, Vollie, about the book of James for a good hour after cell group on Wednesday. I also had lots of sweet time talking with the ladies in my Wednesday morning bible study. They are all so wonderful and have really gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and at home.
The sleepover on Friday was insane! We had such an amazing time... definitely the highlight of my week. We decorated cookies, did crafts, sang and danced for hours, and watched movies. We also had some good teaching times. The theme of the evening was identity... we talked a lot about who we are in Christ versus how the world defines us. I was in a group with a couple of sweet girls. My heart absolutely broke to hear about their struggles, but it was great just to talk about about them and how God is there in whatever they're facing. I felt like I got to know a few of the girls really well! Thank you all for praying over that night!
Amanda and I spent most of Saturday just catching up on sleep (we didn't sleep at all Friday night). On Saturday evening the group of guys at Greenstone decided to make us dinner. They grilled steaks and made mashed potatoes, greenbeans & corn. It was delicious and so sweet of them to serve us girls on Valentine's day. We finished up the night with a little put-put golf. I played terribly, but we had a blast!
On another note, Amanda and I have been battling a stomach bug over the last couple of days. It is no coincidence that I started getting sick just hours before our Friday night sleepover. I slept all day yesterday and am slowly starting to feel better. I would really appreciate your prayers for speedy recovery...
Until next week,
Jarah
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
-Romans 15:13
No comments:
Post a Comment