...a new set of stars...

5.14.2009

Hey everybody! We got back from our 3-day holiday to Pilanesberg late last night. We had an amazing trip... it was so great to be able to escape the noise and busyness of Johannesburg for a couple of days. Pilanesberg is absolutely gorgeous - it's very mountainous but still has the african plain feel. I cannot justly describe how beautiful this place was. The night sky was one of my favorite scenes - the milky way is so brilliant and the constellations are all new to my eyes. Every night from about 6 p.m. on, my gaze was fixed on the sky.

We were able to see a wide variety of wildlife: zebras, giraffes, lions, elephants, kudu, impala, warthog, hartebeest, waterbuck, rhinos, wildebeest, hippos, baboons and monkeys (I'm sure I'm forgetting something...). I left feeling so blessed to have had that experience! We had an amazing trip - thank you for your prayers!

from an awed heart,
Jarah

No comments: