This morning in our last team meeting, Phyllis described the sacrifice of a missionary as an "exquisite pain." No matter how humbly we may have to live or how many comforts we have to give up, the greatest sacrifice comes each time we board a plane. It is never easy to leave those you love. My departure from the States was difficult, but I knew that I was going to return. As I am preparing to leave South Africa, my heart has grown so heavy knowing it is highly possible I will never see these people again.
The pain of leaving can be described as "exquisite" because it's accompanied by a certain beauty - knowing that somehow you will never be the same because of the people you came to love and the lessons you learned in the most unexpected of places. Leaving is definitely going to be difficult, but not devoid of joy or blessing.
Please continue to pray for us as we say our goodbyes... Pray that we will be able to have good closure, pointing others to the God who lives in us. Pray that we will be able to remember that we are one link, just one small piece, in God's plans for the lives of the people here - ask God to help us to trust him to continue to grow them and keep them strong long after our departure.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Jarah
oh, how I'm going to miss these endless games of peek-a-boo
No comments:
Post a Comment