My church recently introduced me to a new song by Aaron Strumpel that has really spoken to my heart. The song is called Resound (listen or buy it here). The lyrics are incredible...
Your word turned darkness into lightDid you catch that line?
You spoke, and brought stars to life
And all our days began at the sound of your voice
Your word turned waters into seas
You spoke, and brought oceans to be
And all our days began at the sound of your voice
Your word turns sorrow into joy
You speak, and make my heart explode
And all our days begin at the sound of your voice
Your word turns death into dreams
You speak, and make my eyes to see
And all of our days begin at the sound of your voice
And everything is good
All you do is good
We resound
We testify
When you sound, we resound
When you sound, we resound your praise
"All our days begin at the sound of your voice..."
Wow! This line has been playing through my mind for weeks now. I know in my head that my days are gifted by God and begin by his sovereignty alone, but I've been realizing that I don't really give God much of an opportunity to speak into my life, into my days. I generally just go about my days, living out my own agenda and maybe spend a few minutes reading and praying before I fall on my face in exhaustion.
This needs to change.
I'm not entirely sure what the "game plan" is, but one of my biggest goals for this year is to begin my days by allowing some time for God's voice. I am desiring more time to be in His word and to be before him in prayer. Like I said, not really sure what form this is going to take, but consider this resolution #1 (more to come when I'm back at home).
what are your goals/resolutions for 2011?

No comments:
Post a Comment