
oh, this may be the most feared question of every college student preparing to graduate. it's definitely one i've been dodging for the past few months. now that i've entered my last semester of college (holla!) i have been absolutely bombarded. i am going to let all of you bright red cords readers in on a little secret here...
I don't know yet.
it's a big fat question mark... and that's okay!
the decisions i'll be making in the next few months feel really big and scary right now. but they're also incredibly exciting... I mean, I have the rest of my life ahead of me. I could potentially be anywhere in the world at this time next year, but with endless opportunity comes the hurculean task of choosing what I want to pursue... here are some ideas I'm bouncing around right now:
[1] Nurse Residency Program: considering applying for positions at Duke Medical Center (North Carolina), Vanderbilt Medical Center (Tennessee) and Primary Children's Medical Center (Utah)
[2] Travel, travel, travel (anywhere and everywhere)
[3] Go to graduate school
[4] Move to Africa for awhile
[5] Stay in Salt Lake and find a job
[6] Go to seminary
[7] Intern/find a job with a non-profit
[8] Move to Cali and become a beach bum (okay, maybe I'm not really considering this one)
[9] Accept a job offer at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota
[10] Help a good friend start her non-profit
etc... etc... etc...
"The man or woman who is wholly and joyously surrendered to Christ can't make a wrong choice... any choice will be the right one." - A.W. Tozer
I'm finding hope in these words today, knowing that it's not so much about the choice, but following God in whatever choice is made... (*note to self: remember this when you start freaking out!). I'll keep you updated as I go along...
what an exciting adventure, this life!
2 comments:
Your last quote really struck me... I've been struggling with that concept lately. Being on the sidelines while Eric finishes up school and waiting for God to show us where in the world (literally) He wants us to move is hard. Especially trying to not push my impatience onto Eric. Thanks for that reminder!
-Sarah
I guess we're both thinking a lot about this, because I was just working on a similar post. Excited to see where God takes you!
Post a Comment