
I've gone back and forth on whether or not to continue my little project in cultivating thankfulness this semester... I mean, I am sure you all are getting tired of my weekly lists. But by day 3 of my spring semester, I am already seeing that I am going to need to have consistent attitude checks and remind myself of all of the good things in this life. That being said, project: cultivate thankfulness is still open for business here on bright red cords. here's my list for the week...
making it home safely after a great trip down south
deep, honest conversations
feeling refreshed after an amazing winter break
an ordination service for a good friend
news that a friend is adopting a baby in about 4 weeks
unexpected entertainment at the airport
reuniting with the goonies
my last first day of nursing school. ever.
starting my psych nursing course... i just love it
only having 15 credit hours this semester
kickboxing with emily
shopping for school supplies
my dear friend from africa visiting me here in SLC
a fun adventure to Park City
blessings from God's word
yummy thai food
... And I am so incredibly grateful that two years ago today, I boarded a plane for Africa with tear stained eyes and a heart full of expectation. I had no idea then the magnitude that the next 5 months would hold, nor the impact that my experience would have on the rest of the course of my life. So today I am celebrating all God has done, and will continue to do, through the time I spent in Joburg (check out my blogs from that time here).


"... orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes" - David Platt
No comments:
Post a Comment